One of the most popular historical destinations in France, the Palace of Versailles is a remarkable architectural marvel that deserves your time. Located just half an hour away from Paris, in the village of Versailles, this sprawling complex attracts anywhere between 9 to 10 million visitors annually! Built in the 1600s, the Palace of Versailles was initially designed to function as a hunting lodge for King Louis XIII. In 1682, King Louis XIV decided to move the royal court from Paris to the relatively quiet village of Versailles.
Presently, the Palace houses magnificent pieces of art and a stunning collection of 2300 rooms. Given its massive size, the Palace of Versailles can initially seem a little overwhelming. The best way to explore the Palace in all its stunning glory is by opting for a guided tour. If you're planning a Palace of Versailles tour, here's everything you need to know about your options.
Why Choose a Guided Tour of Versailles?
Ease of access
One of the biggest advantages of opting for a guided tour of Versailles is the ease of access you get. Generally, if you're exploring the palace on your own, you'll need to stand in line and redeem your ticket. This process is massively time consuming since the palace is always flocking with visitors. But when you choose a guided tour, you don't have to worry about redeeming your ticket. You can simply follow your guide and move right past the long line. This not only saves your time but ensures that you're in good spirits at the beginning of your tour.
Skip the line
Tying in with the previous advantage, a guided tour of the Palace of Versailles helps save your precious time since you don't have to wait in line and spend hours waiting for your turn. As tourists, time is as precious as many and by skipping the line at the entrance, you can save anywhere between 30 to 90 minutes. All the time you save at the entrance can be better utilised exploring the wonders of the Palace of Versailles.
Without a doubt, one of the biggest advantages of choosing a guided tour is the actual guide. The guides that'll lead the way during your Versailles Palace tour are extremely knowledgeable and know everything there is to know about the attraction. From behind the scenes stories about the palace's past to secrets, facts and everything in between, the guides have a lot to share. The guides are also extremely professional and courteous, which is always a great thing.
Efficient Sightseeing Experience
The Palace of Versailles is a big complex with 2300 rooms! It's practically impossible to explore the palace all on your own without missing out on many must-see places. A guided tour comes handy in this case since the guides have come up with an optimal sightseeing route that covers all the important sections of the palace. There's a well defined starting and ending point and your time inside is efficiently utilized.
Palace of Versailles Guided Tour Options
Versailles Skip The Line Tour with Audio Guide
- Move past the never ending line at the entrance of the Palace of Versailles with exclusive skip the line access courtesy these priority access tickets.
- You don't have to wait at the counter for your tickets. They'll be handed over to you at a convenient pickup point within walking distance from the Palace of Versailles.
- Get access to important sections of the palace, including the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors, the Versailles Gardens, and the Carrosses Gallery.
- If you enjoy exploring places on your own without being led by a physical guide, this experience is tailor made for you. There will be an audio guide provided to make your experience more insightful and informative.
- Buy your Palace of Versailles tour tickets from Headout and receive a specially crafted Versailles Palace Visitor's Guide.
- The ticket does not include a live guide. Access to Marie-Antoinette's Estate, the Trianon is also not included in this ticket.
Skip The Line Guided Tour of Versailles Palace - 75 Minutes Classic
- With exclusive, skip the line access, you can waltz right past the annoying waiting line and enter the Palace of Versailles to begin your tour.
- You'll be accompanied by an expert and courteous guide during your exploration. The guide will ensure that you cover all the important parts of the palace, all the while sharing important nuggets of information pertaining to the palace.
- During your tour, you'll also get to visit the breathtaking Hall of Mirrors — a corridor lined up with 357 mirrors that reflect the gardens through arches windows.
- You'll also be gives access to Carrosses Gallery, which showcases more than five centuries of French history and art. Do note that this ticket does not include entry to the Versailles Gardens and Marie-Antoinette's Estate.
- As a bonus, you'll receive a specially curated Versailles Palace Visitor's Guide when you book your Palace of Versailles tour tickets from Headout.
Skip the Line : Versailles Palace & Gardens Guided Tour
- Explore the glorious World Heritage site that is the Palace of Versailles with an expert guide who'll lead you through the fabled halls of the palace and share its history.
- This skip the line tour grants you exclusive access to the palace, helping you save precious time.
- During the tour, you'll explore different parts of the Palace of Versailles, including the Hall of Mirrors, the Royal Apartments, the Coronation Room, and the Royal Gardens designed by the famed André Le Nôtre.
- After you're done exploring the palace, the well-informed, English speaking guide will lead you to the lush green palace gardens where you can admire exotic flowers, fountains and statues.
- Your Versailles Palace skip the line ticket also includes a Musical Fountain Show or a Musical Gardens Show, depending on the date of your visit.
- This guided tour is also great due to small groups of 25 guests or less are allowed in.
Best Guided Palace of Versailles Tours from Paris
Palace of Versailles Priority Access Tour from Paris with Transportation
- Explore the breathtaking Palace of Versailles without having to spend hours standing in line at the entrance. This ticket provides you with exclusive skip the line escorted access to the palace.
- Given the time you have at hand, you can choose between a Half Day tour and a Full Day tour. Both tours are designed to give you the best, most enriching experience possible.
- This ticket also includes transportation from Paris from central pick up points, ensuring that you don't have to worry about getting to the Palace of Versailles.
- You'll receive audio guides upon entering the palace. These guides are available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Italian. Since there's no physical guide included in the ticket, these audio guide are the perfect way to explore the palace and learn a thing or two.
- Explore the stunning Versailles Gardens and enjoy the Fountain Show (on days when it's available)
Skip the Line: Versailles Palace & Gardens Guided Tour from Paris
- Don't spend hours standing in seemingly endless lines and walk past the crowded entrance to enter the Palace of Versailles with these exclusive skip the line tickets.
- Explore all the memorable sections of the Palace of Versailles, including the Royal Apartments, the Coronation Room, the Hall of Mirrors, and the Royal Gardens designed by the renowned André Le Nôtre.
- A professional and well-informed guide will be with you at all times, sharing facts and secrets about the different sections of the palace as you explore them. The guide can speak English and Spanish.
- The best part about this ticket is that you can round trip transfers from Paris by air-conditioned coach or train, as per your convenience.
- These skip the line tickets also include entry to the magnificent Palace Gardens. You can also receive a special edition Versailles Palace Visitor's Guide when you purchase tickets from Headout.