The Versailles Fountains and Shows
The extensive baroque formal gardens at the Palace of Versailles, designed by André Le Nôtre for the Sun King Louis XIV, features over 50 grand water fountains. Each fountain was designed and sculpted based on themes from Greco-Roman mythology. The gardens and fountains are a spectacular sight year-round, but especially so between the months of April and November when Musical Fountains and Night Fountains Shows take place.
During these months, the historic Versailles fountains can be seen in action, moving to the tunes of French Baroque music and at the night shows, combined with spectacular visual effects and fireworks.
Explore the Versailles Fountains
Versailles Fountain Shows
- Every Saturday and Sunday from April 4th to November 1st 2020
- Every Tuesday from May 19th to June 23rd 2020
- Additional dates (April 10th, May 8th and 21st, July 14th 2020)
1. Historical Water Displays : 11 am to 12 pm, and from 3.30 pm to 5 pm
2. Mirror Pool : Water display every 10 minutes from 10 am to 7 pm
3. Water Theater Grove : Water display every 15 minutes from 10 am to 7 pm
4. Neptune Fountain : Water display every 15 minutes from 10 am to 5 pm, and then from 5.45 pm to 6:45 pm.
5. The finale of the show at the Neptune Fountain takes place from 5.20 pm to 5.30 pm
1. Historical Water Displays : Water display between 11 am to 12 pm, and then from 2.30 pm to 4 pm
2. Mirror Pool: Water display every 10 minutes from 10 am to 7 pm
3. Water Theater Grove: Water display every 15 minutes from 10 am to 7 pm
4. Neptune Fountain: Water display every 15 minutes from 10 am to 7 pm
Palace of Versailles Fountains - Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What days are the gardens closed on?
A. The gardens are open to public every day of the year.
Q. Do I need separate tickets for visiting the gardens and fountains of Versailles?
A. Yes, tickets for the Palace and the Gardens are separate. Standard admission tickets do not include access to the gardens and fountains. However, with the Passport ticket, you will be able to visit the entire estate, including the palace, the gardens and the fountain shows.
Q. What is the Versailles Passport ticket?
A. The Versailles Passport ticket is a ticket variant that gives you access to all of the estate. With the Versailles Passport, you will be able to visit the Palace with audioguide, the estate of Trianon, temporary exhibitions, the Gardens and the Park, the Musical Fountains Shows or the Musical Gardens and the Coach Gallery.
Q. How long in advance can I purchase my tickets?
A. You can purchase tickets to the Palace of Versailles up to 3 months in advance.
Q. What are the palace opening hours and timings?
A. The Palace of Versailles is open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM. Last admission is at 5:00 PM. Closed on Mondays, 25 December and 1 January.